SOCI CSSC REGIONAL MEETING
Sue and I would like to host the 2017 Central States Shay Club Tour.
2017 Central States Shay Club Meeting.
Sept 12-15, 2017. Arrive Tuesday afternoon, leave Friday morning.
The hotel is:
White Pines Inn (located in the White Pines Forest State Park)
Oregon, IL 815-946-3817 http://www.whitepinesinn.com/
Three nights (Tue, Wed, Thu) $310.65 total including tax.
Breakfast is extra.
For a reservation, call them and tell them you are with Reservation #149495 under Arntzen &
I have reserved 16 Cabins. You must make your reservation by Aug 11.
• Your credit card will be processed one month prior to your reservation date unless otherwise
noted, and a final confirmation will be sent to you — Visa, Mastercard and Discover accepted
• Check-in time after 3pm – Check-out time by 11:30am
• Cooking is not allowed in or around cabins
• NO PETS, please – Violators will be asked to leave and NO refund will be issued
• Smoking is not allowed in cabins. A $50.00 fee will be charged if it is determined by our staff
that smoking occurred within the cabin.
• Cancellation Policy: A full refund is issued if cancellation is provided up to 7 days prior to
arrival. A 50% refund will be issued if cancellation occurs within 6 days of arrival. No refund will
issued if cancellation occurs on scheduled day of arrival.
There is also a campground in the State Park for those who arrive in an RV.
The nearest gas station is about 8 miles away. Top off your Shay’s tank before you arrive at the
park. I will plan gas stops in our tour itinerary.
We will be touring Wednesday and Thursday with a dinner meeting at the White Pines Inn
Thursday evening. Plan on the famous Shay gift exchange Thursday evening.
I will try to fit in the Valve Cover Race so get your cars ready. It will probably be on a slope in the
Some of the places we may be touring include:
Chief Blackhawk statue, The Stronghold, Franklin Grove State Park and Grist Mill, John Deere
Village, H. I. Lincoln Building, President Reagan boyhood home, Telegraph Museum, Amboy
Depot, NW Territory Museum, Conover Square, etc………….
If you have questions call 815-509-6375 or email me ArntzenRob@aol.com
Please let me know if you are coming.